Hello WONDERFUL readers!!
I’m so excited to welcome you to my revamped site and I’m happy to be able to get back to blogging again!
Since it’s Valentine’s Weekend, I thought I’d introduce myself by chatting about a few things that I LOVE as well as a few books I’m currently reading.
- REAL people that I love: My family, which means hubs, 5 kids, parents (who are adorable, btw), my bro and his fam, my huge Appalachian family, and some amazing author/reader/church/long-time friends God’s been so kind to bring into my life. (and, of course, I love God and am learning to love him (and others) better 🙂
- IMAGINARY people that I love: It’s really hard to pick favorites from my characters. Super hard. But a FEW of my favs are Eisley Barrett, Alex Murdock, Titus Stewart, Catherine Dougall, Laurel McAdams, Reese Mitchell, and, from my upcoming September release, Frederick & Grace 🙂
- Childhood books I love: Again, it’s hard to pick favorites, but a few honorable mentions are the Nancy Drew series, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Jane Eyre, and Frankenstein.
- Books I’ve read as an adult and loved: A few honorable mentions are…Kissing Adrien by Siri Mitchell, Petticoat Ranch by Mary Connealy, Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz, Gentleman Jim by Mimi Matthews, Wings of Devotion by Roseanna White, Lord of the Rings by Tolkein
- Latest fiction book I LOVED: Beauty Among the Ruins by J’nell Ciesielski
- Latest nonfiction book I LOVED: Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortland
- Current books I’m enjoying: The Dress Shop on King Street by Ashley Clark, Clanlands by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish, and Even Better than Eden by Nancy Guthrie.
- Dessert I love: Carrabbas’ Chocolate Dream (I could die happy having that as my last meal 😉 I’m also a big fan of Preacher Cookies.
- Places I love to visit: Can you guess? Anything UK!!! (but I love my #blueridgemountains (oh, and bookshops)
- Time period I love to write about: Contemporary or Edwardian!!!
Tell me some of your newest bookish discoveries that you’ve LOVED!!
Do you have places you LOVE to visit?
Are there any of my books you’ve “loved” the best? 🙂