The first things that come to mind for me are:
And Thor (I know. Weird)
Plus, a whole slew of amazing people I’ve gotten to know through the writing process, like Karen Schravemade, Ian Acheson, Katie Donovan, Lucy Nel, Timmy Cleary, and Rel Mollet…plus my new acquaintance Jessica Kate. (If I missed some of my down under cyber-friends, I’m so sorry!!!)
I just finished Kara Isaac’s novel, Then There Was You. You can find my review HERE. This book takes place almost completely in Australia, particularly in the Sydney area. So today we’re featuring a few lovely sites from that city 😊
- The ACCENTS!!! I know, I know. I can rent a movie or hang out on Youtube to get this fix, but live and in-person is so much better. Plus, you get to see the culture, which is another one of my favorite things to explore!! Come on, doesn’t everyone swoon just a wee bit when an Aussie starts talking? Or is that just me? Actually, I probably swoon over English, Irish, and…especially Scottish too, but, my oh my, there’s just something golden about an Australian accent.
- The Sydney Opera House – Wow! This magnificent edifice of modern architecture and an internationally recognizable feature associated with Sydney. (I even recognized it in Finding Nemo) The Opera House hosts over forty performances each week.
- Tamarama, Bondi, or Bronte beaches are nearby on the eastside and offer beautiful views and excellent spots for romantic beach walks or charming picnics. There are even walking trails connecting some of the beaches, so you can take a lovely stroll from one picturesque view to the next. Or take a half-hour ferry ride to manly for some surfing, snorkeling, and other sea adventures.
- Did you know that Australia has a mountain range known as the BLUE MOUNTAINS!!! (see, I was MEANT to visit there!!) Look at these beautiful mountains! I’d feel right at home (except there’s also a really cool beach nearby and we have to drive a ways to find a beach) http://www.australia.com/en-us/places/blue-mountains.html
The Blue Mountains feature bushland, waterfalls, hiking trails, forests, and… CLIFFS! Okay, okay, I just get nostalgic about cliffs. It’s a weird romantic thing in my head. Plus, they have something called Wentworth Falls???? Really? Engage daydream mode NOW.
- If you want to take in a great view of Sydney, take a Bridge Climb up Sydney Harbor Bridge. From the photos, the views look spectacular. However, I’m more of a country girl than a city girl, so if you’re looking for me, you’ll probably find me at one of the beaches or…the Blue Mountains 😊
I really hope some of my Aussie friends will chime in to share some great places to visit in Australia!! Have you visited? What did you love about the lovely land Down Under?