A brand new year and many things to ponder. So, what are some of my plans this year?
1. Develop a deeper relationship with Christ through a more consistent prayer life. How do we get to know people? Talking with them. Studying them…well, Christ is the same way. I plan to look at the characterization of Christ in the Book of John and meditate more on my relationship with Him.
2. Focus more on my family – and the education/guidance of my kids.
3. Writing Goals:
- Attend ACFW in September & meet the wonderful authors from Seekerville
- Enter the Genesis Contest at ACFW
- Complete two novels (my WWI historical and a contemp romantic comedy)
- Attend BRMCWC – May 2009- and get two critiques on these two novels
- Complete two nonfiction articles and submit to magazines
- Complete short story and submit to magazines
- Enter two more writing contests throughout the year.
- Write with more consistency each week -goal- 250 words a week.
I know that weekly writing goal seems low, but as a pastor’s wife, mom of five, and full-time instructor, the goal is do-able.- with God’s help.
To find out more about Seekerville- check out http://seekerville.blogspot.com
To learn more about ACFW, follow this link: www.acfw.com
Happy New Year and God bless.